Accion East, Inc. respects the privacy and security of its users. Our goal is to provide you with a personalized Internet experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to you. In order to achieve this goal, we sometimes collect information during your visits to understand what differentiates you from other users.
In order to ensure our commitment to your privacy, this statement discloses the privacy policies for the entire Accion East Website. Additional terms and conditions, if any, regarding the collection and use of your information may also be provided to you before you sign up for special services. Within this document, you will learn what personally identifiable information of yours is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
The Information We May Collect:
Accion East collects certain information from and about its users in three ways -- directly from the user, from our Web server logs and with cookies.
- User-Supplied Information: When you sign up for our E-mail list, we may ask you for your name, E-mail address, and some other personal information. The more accurate information you volunteer, the better we are able to customize your Accion Website experience.
- Server Log Information: When you visit an Internet Website, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet (TCP/IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the site or page that offered a link to an Accion page). Accion, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to its site.
How and When Information Is Used:
We use information in different ways, depending on the type of information:
- User-Supplied Information: This information is used for purposes such as personalization and verification. Examples of user-supplied information are your name, address, phone number, E-mail address, and other demographic information. This information can be used creating an individualized Internet environment, selective E-mail user groups, and targeted educational opportunities. Additionally, we may collect credit card data for payment of special events, dues, subscriptions, or other goods and services through a third-party provider NYCharities.org. This information is collected and processed on a secure, third-party verified server, to be used solely by Accion East and will not be shared or sold.
- Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. Accion East also collects the Internet (TCP/IP) addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information concerning site usage, to our members, management, and partners. This information is typically regarded as survey data. For example, this information can be used to determine the percentage of international visitors to our Website
- Cookies: We use "cookies" to let you use our services more easily and to let us keep track of certain statistical information that helps us improve our site. Cookies allow us to save passwords and preferences for you so that you won't have to re-enter them the next time you visit.
How We Protect Your Information:
The privacy and protection of your personal information are vitally important to us. Any statistics regarding your Accion Website usage that may be reviewed by our own management or provided to prospective or existing partners, are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user. When products or services are purchased on the site through the use of a credit card, individual credit card information is processed via a secure, third-party server and is not otherwise disclosed outside of Accion East. Any person, whether an Accion East employee or a third party we have retained, who needs access to your personal information in order to fulfill your request for a product or service is not permitted to use or disclose that information for any other purpose.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, Accion East and Online cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we will protect your information with reasonable electronic and procedural safeguards.
You should remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, such as on message boards, through E-mail, discussion groups, or in chat areas, your information could be viewed and used by others. You need to decide whether you are comfortable with disclosing your own information online through these media.
Who Has Access to the Information:
- Except as described below, when you are at the Accion East site and are asked for personal information in connection with a product or a service, you share that information only with Accion East and the authorized agent(s) it has retained to implement these transactions. Beyond this limited and secure transactional context, Accion East does not make personal information available to any third parties except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or that it is necessary to protect the terms under which this site may be used.
How to Correct Inaccuracies:
If you use an Accion East service, we may send you a confirmation E-mail confirming your new account and/or service. The message will be sent to the address that you supplied us and will describe ways for you to correct, or otherwise change or delete, the account information provided. Remember to keep the confirmation E-mail, as it will also contain information that will help you in case you run into problems accessing our services.